So, I had an awesome surprise the other night! I was just about to settle into bed and I got word that I was nominated for the “Liebster Award”! I was so excited I couldn’t even sleep after that! I really didn’t know what the Liebster Award was but, it sounded great! Up until then, I really just thought my family and friends were the only ones that read my blog and sometimes I even questioned that!
What is the “Liebster Award” you ask, well I’m glad you asked! The “Liebster Award” is an award given by bloggers to new bloggers that have less than 200 followers, a way to showcase new bloggers and help them get their name and blog out into the great blue yonder or the worldwide web as we call it! It’s a great opportunity for the blogging community to come together and support each other. Speaking of supporting each other, my new blogging friend Shayna from Enchanted Desert Minnie, nominated me for this award. Go check her site out, she loves Disney and has twin boys too. She’s definitely my kinda gal!
So here’s how it works: Shayna has given me 10 questions to answer. Once I answer them I must nominate 8 other new (200 followers or less) bloggers and give them 10 questions they must answer. I will then notify the bloggers of the nomination and add their links here. Keep in mind, you cannot be tagged back and nominated again! Here are the questions Shayna asked me:
- What made you decide to get into blogging? I decided to start blogging because I am a “real” mom. I am an imperfect mom. I am a messy mom. My house isn’t always clean. I don’t always cook a well-balanced meal. I yell at my kids some days and things don’t always go my way. But, I have three happy and healthy kids that love God, life and to laugh. I wanted to start a blog for the women and moms who push aside a perfect pretty life and claim an imperfect beautiful one instead. I am real, what you see is what you get, I make no exceptions. My stumblings are your entertainment and “Ah Ha moments!” I wanted a place for moms and women to be able to read and realize that they are normal. You don’t have to be perfect to be normal!
- What has been the biggest challenge you have faced as a blogger? My biggest challenge I have faced yet as a blogger is learning all about social media. I will be honest before I started blogging I did not use many forms of social media. That has been a huge challenge for me, for sure! I know what you are thinking, lady, you write about all of your business on a blog but, yet you have a hard time with social media? I know, I know! It sounds crazy, but it’s definitely a struggle and I am learning! It’s a slow process but, I am learning!
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Mayonnaise for sure! I’m from the South, nothing beats a tomato sandwich with a little mayonnaise, salt and pepper!
- What’s your favorite vacation you’ve been on? (I actually have two!) The best trip I have ever taken with my husband was to Israel. It was absolutely life changing! We came back from that trip as new people in Christ. It was absolutely (beyond words) amazing! We were so blessed to be able to take that trip and bring back our memories to share with our children. We hope to one day go back and take our children!
- The best trip I have ever taken with my children would definitely have to be Walt Disney World! It is so special for my husband and I, as parents to see our children so happy.
- Have you been to a blogging conference yet? Do you plan to? No, I have not been to a blogging conference yet but, I would love to go to one. I need some friends to go with me. Any takers?
- What’s one tip you’d give to new bloggers just starting out? Don’t get caught up with being “the norm”! Be yourself, don’t worry about what others may think about your post or writings. Be real, people can see right through fake.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Free time! What’s free time? No really, I’m kidding, I love to exercise and clear my head doing Pilates, Running, Walking, whatever I’m in the mood for, I love all of it!
- What’s your favorite movie? My favorite movie is actually from my childhood! I love Mary Poppins! The singing and dancing, not to mention the history and the time period it took place in, I still love it!
- What’s one thing you can’t live without? Coffee! I will be honest, I was not a huge coffee drinker until I had my twins. Even though I am getting more sleep these days, I still love my coffee! My favorite at Starbucks is a tall, bold coffee with one creme and one sugar. Who’s buying?
- Who is your favorite Disney character? Mary Poppins, of course! How ironic my favorite movie and Disney character is Mary Poppins. She was perfect and I am not AT ALL!
Without further ado here are my eight nominations:
- Raising Up Stones
- Southern Fried Mouth
- 2 Babies and a Buggy
- A Blog for My Mom
- Welcome to the Zoo
- Sue Parke
- Smashley Ashley
Now for my questions to all of you!
- What was your first job?
- What are your favorite family traditions?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What is the most dreadful household chore at your house?
- What is your favorite television show?
- What has been the most challenging part of starting your own blog?
- Do you like using social media?
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What’s your favorite exercise regimen?
- What is the best way you have connected with other bloggers?
Okay, so there you have it! Now it’s your turn, everyone! I can’t wait to hear your responses!