I love my clay masks! I discovered this clay mask a few years ago and I haven’t turned back since. I have always had problematic skin due to hormone issues for nearly twenty years. No matter how well I eat I still have problematic skin from time to time, so I reach for this lovely recipe and voila the acne seems to disappear over night. It is like magic!
I don’t think I have to tell you how amaze balls essential oils are (but I am :-)). So when you combine bentonite clay and essential oils you have an amazing concoction that will leave your skin feeling amazing!
Benefits of Ingredients
Bentonite Clay: Bentonite Clay is amazing for so many things, but for today we are focusing on the skin benefits. It is amazing for problematic skin such as Eczema, Dermatitis & Psoriasis. It can also help with acne and reduce the outbreak of blemishes, alleviate redness, and also fight allergic reactions.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar does so much for the skin. It can help aid in healing acne scars and prevent more acne outbreaks, as well as, absorb excess oil and reduce fine lines.
Frankincense Essential Oil: Frankincense Essential Oil does SO much, but the main thing I love it for is that it can reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. I mean it was fit for a King, so it is definitly fit for you my Queen! 🙂
Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender Essential Oil has the ability to soothe occasional skin irritations and it smells amazing too.
Melaleuca Essential Oil: Melaleuca Essential Oil is renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
So you see, every ingredient has a purpose and does wonders for the skin!
Lavender Clay Mask That Will Make Your Skin Feel Amazing
- 2 teaspoons bentonite clay
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop Frankincense
- 1 drop Lavender
- 1 drop Melaleuca
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.
- Tip: For a thicker mask, add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of clay.
- Add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.
- Do not use a metal bowl or spoon with bentonite clay as it can make it less effective.
- The Bentonite Clay will start pulsating after about twenty minutes as it dries on your face. You will feel a pull. Hang in here, that’s when the magic happens!
- The apple cider vinegar will make your face red when you first take it off. It’s okay! It will go away within about ten minutes or so.
Want To Go A Step Further?
Essential Oils are the key sista! Follow me on Instagram. I share tutorials like this one, why you need to use essential oils and how I use them. I started using essential oils after I had an early hysterectomy and I needed help with my thyroid health, as well as my hormonal health. And I cannot forget about the kiddos! Essential Oils have helped them with asthma, allergies, anxiety, fear and SO much more. Join my journey on Instagram and Insta Stories and check out all of the behind the scenes fun! Wellness is my top priority and essential oils help my family stay well and they keep us out of the doctor’s office as often. And that my friends, helps my wallet and sanity!
Until next time…
Want to learn more about essential oils? Essential oils are a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. I would love to share what essential oils have done for my family’s life. Let’s chat! Go HERE so we can set up a time to chat!
Copyright: serezniy / 123RF Stock Photo