My mom gave me a picture frame that had the words: Bloom Where You Are Planted, inside of the frame. These days we would call it a meme, but in those days we actually hung these memes on our walls. What?! Believe me, it’s true! She gave it to me when I went off to college to remind me to bloom where ever I was. No matter how far away from home I lived, I needed to bloom and grow. Back then it had so much to do with the physical or so I thought, but now it has so much to do with the spiritual and growing in God.
Strive To Be Better Than You Were Yesterday
I am constantly telling the groups of women I talk to, myself and my kids; always strive to be better than you were yesterday. Although we are human and we will fail at this sometimes, we need to always be aware and try, no matter the circumstances in our lives. I’ve said it a thousand times, not only to them, but to myself as well. We have to constantly grow, even if it is growing in our own mess. Life gets so messy sometimes, but we need to keep growing. The only way we can do that is to grow and bloom where we are planted.
Ask And You Shall Receive
John 14:14 says: If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. We have to start praying! The Bible says it all right there in that verse. We have to ask!
- Be Bold With Your Prayers: Tell God what you need. He already knows, but He is waiting on you to surrender and ask so He can start moving in your life and open doors for you. Hebrews 4:16: Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- Expect The Supernatural: As believers we should expect the supernatural! We should expect miracles every single day. Our God is still in the miracle business.
- Listen: God will start to open doors, but you have to listen to know what doors He is opening. Take time to listen so you know you are going the right way. Keep moving forward!
- Believe it to Receive It: And if you cannot believe it right now, fake it till you make it. Some may argue with me about that last saying, but after you pray and say the same thing over and over again, you start believing it! So then you star believing it so you can start receiving it! Matthew 8:13: Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.”And his servant was healed that same hour.
- Expect the Unexpected: With God, all things are possible! Matthew 7:7-8: (Ask, Seek Knock) 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Have People Stand In The Gap For You
That’s what The PurposeFULL Woman is all about! I envisioned women coming together and standing in the gap and praying for each other when the other is having a hard time doing it for themselves. Stand in the gap for each other and help each other bloom where each of us is planted. Join our The PurposeFULL Woman Facebook Group, HERE.
You may think that your life is hopeless, but it’s not when you have God. LET HIM IN! He didn’t say life would be easy, but with Him it is better for His Kingdom. He wants to help us bloom, He wants to help you grow in His love even in the midst of your own storm. Psalm 37:4: Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
I Am In The Midst Of My Own Storm
To be honest, I am going through my own storm right now (2018) and am trying to maneuver the waters so I can bloom where I am planted. A genetic heart condition has made my world very complicated. I have no idea what will happen. But, God does. I have no idea when I will have surgery. But, God does. I have no idea if my heart condition can be corrected. But, God does. I have no idea if I will always have heart trouble or a heart condition. But, God does. I have no idea if I will always be on medication. But, God does! BUT, GOD DOES! So, here I am blooming where I am planted! Won’t you join me?
Check out the video above for more insight!