Look, I know the headlines of todays news stories can be absolutely terrifying! The news anchors and news channels do not hold back the “scare tactic” at all and some of the stuff is rightfully scary. BUT……
The enemy wants you to be in fear right now this very minute!
The devil wants you to worry about your future in this country. He wants you to worry about your well-being on this planet. He wants you to be in complete FEAR! Fear DOES NOT come from God. It comes from the enemy, it is completely his doing. So why are we afraid?
I tell you why we are afraid….
The unknown is completely scary!!!! You are human and for 1. you don’t like change that much and 2. when you don’t feel protected you want to bail and run. But, guess what! No government can stand against the almighty God! Put all your faith and trust into Him and turn that worry into faith.
This is the time for Christians to shine!
Don’t shut doors, close hearts, bar entrances and silence your voices because of fear! That is what the enemy wants!
4 Reasons Why Christians Should Not Be Afraid in This Scary World!
- A spirit of fear is NOT from God! 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV, For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind: Can I get an AMEN?! I mean seriously! Can I get an Amen?! God gives us a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. Total opposites of fear!
- ISIS (or cancer, a burglar, people, or fill in the blank) is not your real enemy! Ephesians 6:12, NLT, For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places: Your neighbor is not your enemy, the ruler of the darkness is though and he comes to kill, steal and destroy. As a follower of God, you are hated by him and he will try everything to destroy you. And I mean EVERYTHING! He wants to steal your faith in God! If he steals your faith he steals your influence and the good you can do in this world. Don’t let him! Keep courage and stay brave my friend, you have the leader and the provider of the universe on your side! So what do we do? We Pray! Pray God’s Word. Pray Truth. Pray God’s promises! Get into your prayer closet and pray!
- We must never retreat into silence by the enemy because he is a liar! John 8:44, NLT, The devil was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him: When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies: Don’t give into his lies, you are better than that! God made you in His own image. He knew you as you were being created in your mother’s womb, the enemy DID NOT. He has no idea who you are or what you stand for and nor does he care. All he knows is that you are the follower of the universe and that in itself terrifies him! You are a threat to him and you are his enemy!
- Now is not the time to retreat. It’s the time to advance God’s Kingdom! Matthew 16:18, NLT, Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it: Remember, the gates of hell cannot stop the Kingdom of God. Even though hell itself unleashes it’s venom, hate and cruelty, Jesus has overcome it all. We aren’t fighting FOR victory, we are fighting FROM victory. Victory has already been won!
This is not new territory for God’s people, everyone! Christ followers have been enduring these hardships since the beginning. I realize it is too close for comfort right now but, we have to shine a light brighter than the darkness. It is this very reason we are sent to this earth, to be disciples of Christ. I don’t know about you but, I don’t want to have a small amount of people in heaven, I want abundance there with me. Show people the light so they will cry out to THE ONE AND ONLY!
Christians should be shining and sharing right now, not shuttering in terror.
So, stop being afraid! Stop running! Stop living in a bubble! Stop arguing on social media! Stop fearing the unknown because you already know the ending. He will come back on His white horse to take us home. Now that my friends is enough of a promise for me! Will you be joining him?
Until next time…
Read more in this series:
- This post may contain affiliate links.