My boys are still little, they are actually turning three in January! They are getting so big, so fast and even though it makes me extremely sad that they are growing so fast, I know Chris and I have a job to do and that is (with God’s help) to make men out of them. They are gifts from God and I know God has special plans for them! Chris and I have many prayers for these little men we call blessings.
17 Prayers for my Boys!
- Women are to be loved and respected. I pray I can be the model of what God calls women to be so, my boys can have a good perception of a true Godly woman.
- Be a gentleman, hold a door for a lady, speak kindly, show respect to your elders and hold your tongue! I pray we are good examples of this, always.
- Seek after God’s heart. I pray you become a man of God that knows how to pray unconditionally for his family and with his wife daily. I pray he knows how to be a warrior of God. The most important thing in the world is to become a disciple of God. When everything else fails you in life, always fall on Him. As long as you are right with God and you follow the path of salvation you can’t go wrong.
- Accept others for who they are, they may not do it the way you want it done or think it should be but, accept them the way Jesus does, flaws and all.
- Do not lose faith! Always keep moving forward, don’t slow down. If God believes in what you are doing keep going, there is a reason. There is also a time and a place for everything, it’s all in His timing, be patient He will come through.
- Love letters are legacies. Mine and your dad’s letters to one another, as well as our letters to you will be our gift to you one day when we are gone from this earth. Love letters will be greatly appreciated by your wife, I promise, take my word for it! The art of pen and paper should still inspire you, write a note to show your appreciation.
- It’s okay to cry. Crying does not show signs of weakness but, shows that you have a heart and have compassion for others.
- Always be proud of who YOU are, we are! I pray if you can’t be proud of yourself, turn to God and ask Him to show you what He sees in you. He will remind you.
- Respect your body! I pray your daddy and I can be good role models and teach you to take care of yourself. Treat your body as your temple. You only get one, use it wisely!
- Find your calling and your will of God and go for it! You will always have God, as well your daddy and I on your side!
- Be a brother. Be a friend. Be a protector. One day your daddy and I will be gone and your siblings will remain. Treat each other with respect always, be there for one another, support each other, love each other no matter what. Family is the most important thing.
- Your birthday is one of my favorite days of my life. I pray your kids’ birthdays are as special to you as yours’ are to me. I actually have three favorite days, my wedding day, your sister’s birthday and you and your twin brother’s birthday. I cherish all three of your birthday’s. That is the day God chose to welcome you into our lives’. I’m sure your birthday means more to me than you can ever know or imagine.
- Work hard in everything you do. Don’t expect it to be handed to you. It very rarely works out like that and it’s not as rewarding.
- Marriage is a covenant of God. I pray your daddy and I show you the way a healthy marriage should be. I pray we show you that it’s not always perfect in a marriage but, with God you can get through anything. One day, the right woman, who God chooses for you, will come along and I pray you love each other unconditionally, seek God everyday together and raise my grandchildren the way God intended.
- Be a great daddy, not just a father. Daddy’s are called by God, anyone can be a father. Cherish your kids, they are a blessing from God like you are to me.
- Pray! I pray you are a man who prays about anything and everything! God loves you talking to Him.
- Your daddy and I love you! I pray your daddy and I show you everyday how much we love you. I know we will and do make mistakes, show us a little grace and know we did the best we could. We love you and always will!
As I write this, I am already proud of my boys and who they are becoming. They may be hard to manage some days, they are twins, they instigate each other but, I wouldn’t have it any other way. God blessed me with not only one little boy but, two and I am truly grateful. They already love life, people and family.
I just pray their daddy and I can build a foundation of a God-loving disciple that seeks after God’s own heart. One day he will meet His wife and I pray he loves her like God’s church. I am not only building a foundation of a good daddy, husband or brother but, a God-loving man who WILL change the world for God’s kingdom! Go do great things, my boys!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (YouVersion)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.