When I wrote this, I of course, had Disney on the brain. But, it doesn’t have to be for your “Disney fund”, it can be for any vacation! You CAN save money for your next family vacation easily, I promise!
5 Ways To Save Money For Your Next Family Vacation
1. eBay: First and foremost, I am always purging things we do not need in our home. With five people we can accumulate a lot of unwanted stuff. Kids grow out of clothes, styles change in home decor, or maybe you got a gift you just don’t know what to do with. Note: I have never gotten a gift like that! I, at least once a month, make three piles: charity pile, eBay pile, and consignment shop pile.
The things I tend to sell on eBay are the higher ticket priced items like name brand children’s clothing, women’s clothing, men’s clothing, or home decor. I try to stay away from things that weigh a lot, they tend to not sell because of the high shipping cost. Some people feel eBay is very hard to sell on, but I have found as long as I play by the rules usually things run smoothly. Fees are fairly decent so I tend to make a good profit as long as I am smart about what to sell on eBay. Play around with prices and items. I have made some mistakes especially at the beginning for charging too little for shipping. Make sure you weigh your items for shipping before you put your items up for auction. You don’t want to be stuck with a shipping cost you weren’t planning on having. Since I only sell small items, I use a food scale to weigh my items. It seems to work great!
My consignment items usually are old toys or anything else I don’t want to sell on Ebay. Toys don’t tend to sell too well on eBay, unless you have a very rare item.
2. Etsy: Etsy is a great way to grow your Disney fund if you have something crafty to sell. I craft often for my own family, so one day I decided to start selling the same things I craft for my own family. I just started buying two of everything when I would buy supplies for a craft. Some things have sold great, some things not so well. Play with it and see what works. Do your research! Etsy’s fees are very affordable and do not break the bank, so it is absolutely doable.
3. Savings Jar: We also have a “Disney Fund” jar we keep on our kitchen counter. We made it ourselves out of an old coffee canister. See, always trying to be crafty! We put loose change in it and my daughter has even been known to ask her grandpas to donate to the Disney fund! She knows how to work it! It doesn’t always add up to a lot of money in the canister, but it at least helps us with gas money or even a souvenir or two.
4. Get a Side Hustle: Mamas, this is no secret. Women are working more and more from home everyday. There are plenty to choose from too, from MLMs, blogging, selling travel, freelance writing, etc. The possibilities are endless. Find one you like and work it Mama!
5. Acorn: The Acorns App we have been using as a family for quit some time now. It allows you to invest or save on your terms. You can withdraw or invest at any time too. It is super convenient and easy to use without the hassles of banks, brokers and such. The best part about it is, your money is always safe. You also have an option to open investment accounts for your kids too!
The link I am sharing is my own personal link and it does help me out, as well as yourself, when you sign up with my link. So thank you in advance, for signing up with my link and showing your support to this platform of mine. Without investments like this I cannot continue to do what I do by giving all of you useful information.
I love how easy it is to save and invest for our future. Join me and you will get a free $5 investment!
6. Digit: Digit works a lot like Acorn, but it is more of a simple savings app than an investing app. It is simple and you can have as many savings “accounts” as you would like for whatever purpose. The possibilities are endless. Use my link and get $5 automatically.
I know a lot of this information is super simple, but I wish someone would have told me some of this stuff at the beginning. So, these are just a few things we have done and are still doing! They tend to work the best for our family, and it gets us to Disney quite often .
What are some things you do to take a Disney trip or a family vacation?
Check out Disney World’s 50th Celebration Family Vacation to learn more about Disney these days.
- Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
6 Scriptures to Pray DAILY
Grow closer to God with 6 Scriptures to Pray Daily over you and your family