I have been on this natural living adventure for quite some time, it goes way back. I have tried many products. Some were flops, some were just what I needed. Some were a waste of money and some I still buy years later. So with all of that being said….. natural living is a lot of trial and error. I am sure you can agree.
Of all of the years doing this, I have yet to find a body wash that pleases the kids, the budget, myself and Chris. I mean….. that is a tall order. Am I right?!
Nourishing Homemade Body Wash That Won’t Break the Bank
When making your own body washes, shampoo and soaps there is a lot of trial and error. They can also be a big money pit! Therefore, I am always conscious of how much money I spend on the items that go into the cleansers and washes. I think about the active ingredients (due to allergies), the smells and of course I am thinking about the overall worthiness (is this item worth what I have put into it).
Well my friends, through all of that trial and error, my hard work finally payed off. I am here to tell you that this body wash is definitely, for sure, WORTH IT! I love this body wash! It smells great! It cleans even the dirtiest of small humans (trust me-I have three tiny humans who can attest to its cleaning powers). And, best of all, it is easy on the budget. After using this body wash for some time now, I have discovered my skin is softer and my wallet is happy. I call that a win, folks! So let’s break it down and see how it stands next to a bottle of Name Brand Organic Body Wash! Are you ready?
Compare to Name Brand Body Washes
An 8 ounce bottle of Avalon Organics will set you back almost $12.79 and that is the sale price.
This Nourishing Homemade Body wash costs $8.00 to make a 22.5 ounce bottle.
Do the math…. No brainer , right?! Other name brand organic cleansers are not budget friendly at all, but this recipe is!!!
So enough about math and onto the main attraction…. the recipe!
- 1 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Castile Soap (Lavender or mild, do not use peppermint for this recipe. You do not want to get peppermint in certain areas of your body. :-))
- 6 tsp Vitamin E
- 20 drops of essential oil (lavender is great, again do not use peppermint.)
- 4 tsp of vegetable glycerin
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well!
- Transfer into 4 different bottles of your choice. Make sure when choosing bottles to use for this recipe, you choose glass. Glass is best used when you have essential oils involved. I use a regular mouth Mason jar and add a pump to the top. I know this isn’t always ideal when you have children using it, but we take extra caution and do what we have to do when it comes to the budget and our health. But you know what you feel is best for your family; it’s always your choice! 🙂
- Use 2 bottles in your bathrooms now and save the other 2 for later by freezing them. Yep, you read right! Freezing your two extra jars works great for this recipe.
- This body wash has a very short lifespan due to the coconut milk and lack of preservatives. Some people keep their body wash in the fridge, but I do not find this necessary at all. As long as it is used within three weeks you are good to go!
- If you feel like you will not use this full recipe within the three weeks, like I said before, freeze the rest or half the recipe.
- When ready to use, grab a washcloth or sponge and clean as needed. This body wash will not lather as much as over the counter body washes, but is highly effective. You do not need a lot, just a few squirts on a washcloth or sponge is all that is needed.
- Do not use peppermint in this recipe. Think about it… Peppermint on delicate areas of the body. Enough said. Let’s just say I found out the hard way. The. End.
- I love using this body wash as hand soap as well. It is very versatile and fun to use all of the time too!
Being on a healthy journey is more important today than in the past, that is for sure. With all of the preservatives and crazy ingredients in over the counter body washes, food, and many other items, I choose to make my own. I like knowing what is added and what my family is using to clean with daily. I want the best and most pure ingredients for my family and our budget needs the attention more than ever too.
Try this awesome body wash and see what you think. I promise you will be sold and all that cold hard cash you were spending on those “organic” body washes at the store is back in your pocket!
More Articles You Will Love