I found myself splurging a bit here-&-there a few weeks ago and the here-&-there had started to add up. I started to feel sluggish and those old familiar headaches started coming in and I was not digging it. So I decided to take action. I was on a mission to clean up my system and regain my body.
So two weeks ago I dialed in my nutrition and decided to go on the 3 Day Refresh.
But, let me let you in on a little secret, I stink at cleanses, I mean stink at them. So thank goodness to my readers (you) and my social media followers. By me checking everyday, you held me accountable and that was a lifesaver. I am happy to say, I finished and finished strong!
The 3 Day Refresh worked of course, I soon learned that food and what you eat truly affects how you feel and how your body functions. The first day was filled with brain fog and a headache due to the excessive amount of sugar that was in my body! Even though this was a 3 day Refresh, my body was in full-blown detox for about a week. I didn’t get to that state overnight so, I wasn’t expecting overnight results. By the end of the week I was feeling great and back to making, my usual, better food choices.
So over the course of the 3 days I lost 2 pounds. I wasn’t so much as concerned with the pounds lost than how I felt. Because, by the end of the week I got my energy level back, the cravings for carbs and sugar were back to the normal level and the carb coma was gone! It was a great way to kick-start myself into another Beachbody program. (Brazilian Butt Lift 😉 That’s another blog post coming soon!)
So what is the 3 day refresh? It’s a 3 day cleanse that is designed to help you lose weight, to help you regain control of your nutrition and to give your body that fresh clean slate it needs to continue making healthy lifestyle choices.
The Refresh is a calorie restricted 3 day diet but it will not kill your metabolism or harm your body. You are eating nutrient dense foods that will give your body the proper nutrition that it needs to function properly each day over the 3 day period.
So why should you Refresh? Simple….
- You need a break from unhealthy eating. (vacation, night out on the town, birthday party)
- You usually eat pretty healthy, but have recently fallen off the wagon and need some help getting back on.
- You want to quickly lose a few pounds for an upcoming event.
- You’ve never been a healthy eater, but are ready to kick-start better nutrition for the first time with proper discipline.
- You want to jump-start healthy eating habits for a new workout program.
- You want more energy.
- You love food and want to be satisfied while you lose weight and get healthier.
- You’ve tried liquid fasts or other fad diets and they simply don’t work.
What can you expect will Refreshing?
- You will be drinking lots and lots and lots of water! Hey did I say you would be drinking LOTS of water?!
- You will be drinking one serving a day of Shakeology.
- You will be eating lots of fruit, veggies and drinking a little bit of tea, which is optional but good to have!
- It’s about 900 calories per day but because the shakes and food selections are high in protein and fiber they help keep you satisfied throughout the day.
Mild to moderate exercise only during the 3 day refresh because the program will be more effective if you can focus on cleansing instead of a vigorous fitness program.
- A little gas or bloating, but if you do experience this that is a sign that you need to up your fiber level in general in your everyday diet.
- Headaches or fogginess: Don’t fret over this one. It’s just due to the detox going on in your body. But, it will teach you a lesson to not get your body to that state again!!! 😉