I don’t know about you, but when a chocolate craving hits, you can’t stop it! This chocolate mug cake is perfect for these occasions. It will satisfy your taste buds without all of the sugar too. This chocolate mug cake version is perfect for your low-sugar, low-carb or keto healthy lifestyle.
Mug cakes are a perfect way to satisfy your craving without making a whole cake. I don’t know about you, but I am tempted to eat the whole cake when I make a whole cake, anyway! So yeah, making a mug cake helps me a lot! Not to mention it takes half of the time to make a mug cake verses a whole cake and more than likely you will have every single ingredient in your pantry and fridge already, especially if you are on a low carb and keto journey already. Check out some of my favorite low-carb items I keep in my pantry and fridge on the daily.
Don’t forget to get the weekly meal plan in your email. Such a great way to try new recipes and meal plan.
Mug Cake Tips
- Try out different containers. It is not a secret that I love my Disney mugs. You can check them out on my IG daily. But, I have certain mugs that I use for my mug cakes. Some cook better than others, so start experimenting.
- Don’t over fill the mug. Mug cakes do rise a bit, so make sure you do not overfill.
- Microwaving for too little is better than too much. Start at a lower time and keep adding 10 seconds at a time if you need to.
- Add a topping. I love adding sugar-free whipped cream, sugar- chocolate syrup or keto ice cream when I can. It is so yummy and will not disappoint! Get creative!
Chocolate Mug Cake Amazon List
- Cocoa powder
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Sugar free- Keto friendly chocolate chips
- Low-Carb friendly granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Whipped cream
Other Keto Desserts We Love
Chocolate Mug Cake Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. Almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar free- Keto friendly chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Low-Carb friendly granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Whipped cream
- Place butter in a microwave-safe mug and heat until melted, 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients except whipped cream and stir until fully combined. Add a bit of water if needed. I always need water to make it a bit more of a wet mixture. Separate into a mug. Cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cake is set but still fudgy.
- Take the remaining mixture and store in the fridge for your next craving.
- Top with whipped cream to serve.
Pair this chocolate mug cake with my favorite bullet proof coffee and get ready for a nice savory, sweet and filling sweet dessert. It is perfect for any day of the week…. no treats necessary, since it’s less sugar and low-carb!
Low-Carb and Keto Chocolate Mug Cake