Who’s ready for Christmas around here? Whether you are ready or not, here it comes!
With Christmas on the brain, of course you can’t help but think about Christmas decorations and Christmas crafts. Christmas decorations and crafts bring Do-it-Yourself projects that always bring everyone together. I love decorating for Christmas, but I do not like spending a fortune on all of the store-bought decorations. So every year I find a new way to reuse what I do have. But, I also like crafting with the kids and getting new ideas for Christmas decorations. I am here to tell you, frugal can be beautiful!
I got this idea one day going through a magazine at the doctor’s office. I came across a similar set of letters in a house a famous designer had decorated for her clients. You know the ones, the fancy-smancy house that looks perfect all of the time. Although, my house is not perfect or fancy-smancy in any way, I decided to make my own version. The more frugal version. This craft is short, sweet and to the point. Easy and frugal Christmas decorations do not have to look cheap.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on fancy decorations. This one does the trick just by spending less than $10. That’s it! Of course, depending on where you find your letters and materials. Look for sales and use coupons, coupons and more coupons.
J-O-Y Christmas Craft
- I went to Hobby Lobby and bought these three cardboard letters along with some gold spray paint. (Don’t forget your Hobby Lobby coupon.)
- After that, I stole my husband’s painters’ tape from the garage.
- I then taped off straight lines to make the stripes on the letters. This was the trickiest part but, still not bad at all. Just make sure the front of the letters are straight, it doesn’t matter what the back looks like.
- From there I spray painted the letters. I chose gold but, you could choose any color you like to go with your Christmas decor.
- Let them dry and Voila, you have yourself some fancy-smancy Christmas decorations! No one will ever know you spent small pennies on this project!
See, I told you! Super-duper easy! Now you try!
Send pictures if you decide to do this project and make it your own. I would love to see!
Until next time….
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!