Want to know How I Made Clean And Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes In NO TIME at all? But before we get to that….
Okay, so I know it is not FALL yet, and yes we have a long way to go before we get there. But, I always like to keep the spirit of FALL alive since it is my favorite season. Not only that, these pancakes are easy, healthy and very tasty. The kiddos even like them too, so win-win!
How I Made Clean And Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes In NO TIME
Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice [store bought||https://amzn.to/2TTjFrk]
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour batter onto the hot griddle (about 1/4 cup batter per pancake).
- Heat until the edges appear to be cooked through and flip each pancake carefully. Continue cooking on the other side until cooked through.
- Serve with topping of choice. But, be sure to keep it clean eating friendly! 😉
Stevia Side Effects
I updated this recipe by taking the stevia out and replacing it with maple syrup. Stevia, although many think it is a great alternative to sugar, it isn’t always. You may be arguing with me in your head right now. You may think that since stevia is “natural” it is good for you BUT…..
Although Stevia is a natural sweetener with zero calories, it may also cause side effects like nausea, bloating, numbness, muscle pain, migraines and dizziness in some people. Stevia personally causes me to have migraine headaches as well as stomach pains.
If you for some reason cannot pinpoint where these symptoms are coming from, maybe try eliminating stevia out of your lifestyle and see what happens! Your body may thank you!
Just because something is labeled “natural” or “good for you” doesn’t always mean it is for your body! Do your research and start listening to your body. It will tell you!
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly meal plan with recipes from our favorite bloggers. It is sent out every Friday.
I Have An Obsession With Pancakes
Copyright: yuliadavidovich / 123RF Stock Photo