I love this variation of banana bread, it never fails my taste buds!
My family ask for it quite often. I don’t feel so guilty giving it to them when it is packed with nutrients, either. My kids eat it as a snack, breakfast and even as dessert! Some gluten-free breads are dry and bland but, this one aims to please the taste buds and has plenty of moisture to keep from becoming too dry to taste. So without further ado, let’s get this party started…..
Nut-Allergy Free, Gluten-Free
1 ½ cup oat flour
2 tsps. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 large egg (room temperature)
2 tbsps. whipped butter, softened
½ cup sugar (I used muscovado)
1/3 cup chia seeds
2 large bananas (smashed)
½ cup coconut milk (in the carton, not can)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a medium loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter, egg, banana and sugar. In a medium bowl add flour, salt, baking powder and mix until combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture and milk to wet ingredients, alternating until incorporated.
- Fold in chia seeds.
- Place batter in loaf pan and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let me know if you try this awesome recipe and how your family likes it too! Happy baking! Your taste buds will thank you and so will your family!
Until next time…
I would love to invite you to join my FB group, Being More Than Just a Mom, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other. We share fitness tips, holistic living recipes and tips, anything and everything family and all the while giving moms permission to be themselves. We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
- Recipe adapted from Savy Naturalista.