These Gluten Free Southern Biscuits That Will Satisfy The Taste Buds are amazing!
When we first began this Gluten Free life, I have to say it was challenging! Way challenging! Although I am not a huge fan of bread, I am a huge fan of breakfast pastries, biscuits, muffins and desserts. So I was on a mission to find these items Gluten Free, not only Gluten Free but actually Gluten Free and yummy! That was hard to find. But, after lots of trial and error I have discovered ways to eat Gluten Free all the while with my taste buds continuing to be satisfied!
These biscuits are not only good, but they are quick and easy to make! I make them right before breakfast time and sometimes I will make them ahead of time for the freezer and pull them out when they are needed on a busy morning.
Gluten Free Southern Biscuits That Will Satisfy The Taste Buds
Gluten Free Southern Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour , salt and baking powder. Use a knife to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in the milk until well mixed. You may need an additional 1-2 tablespoons of milk to insure all of the four is incorporated. Form the dough into a ball and knead about 10 times in the bowl. Not too much though.
- Roll the dough out on a floured board to about 2 inches thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or use a knife to make the individual biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a coconut greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until done. Cooking times will vary.
- Make these ahead of time, but before baking wrap them individually with Saran wrap and place into the freezer for later use. Pull out and bake as needed.
You cannot go wrong with these Southern style biscuits! The kids love them, the extended family loves them and no one will know that they are Gluten Free! They taste that good, I promise!
Ready To Go Gluten Free?
As you know, my family and I are gluten free and we have many reasons for going gluten free! Here is a short list of why we are gluten free. It helps eliminate the symptoms of: Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue, Miscarriage, Hormone Imbalance, Infertility, Adult Acne, Weight Gain, Auto Immune Disease, Bloating, Thyroid Disorder, Joint Pain, Constipation, Eczema, Iron Deficiency, Skin Issues, and Inflammation. Just to name a few!
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you may want to consider becoming gluten free. It has helped my family and it can yours too. It has definitely been life changing for my family and it is easier and cheaper than you may think! I promise! Since it has helped my family and I so much, I have become passionate about helping other families become gluten free too.
I take the pain and the guessing game out of becoming gluten free with my NEW Gluten Free 101 reference guide. It is easy to follow, is loaded with information and even mistakes I have made, so you do not have to make the same ones. You can eat your favorite foods, you do not have to give up on food and bread all together, I promise! Give it a try! Check it out for yourself!
Until next time….