You don’t want to miss this Gluten-Free Birthday Cake Cupcakes recipe!
So here’s the deal….
I cannot take credit for this divine cake but, I had to write about it. It is by far the best Gluten-Free cake I have ever tasted.
If you have ever made a Gluten-Free cake, I can imagine the disappointment because, I have had the same exact disappointment. It’s a letdown after prepping and preparing for so long then you bite into the cake and its texture is not like any other cake, because of the lack of gluten.
Never fear, I am here! Or my mom is, that is…..
Wait for it…..
The best I have EVER had! EVER! The best part, this recipe is free from gluten, soy, peanut and tree nuts. Makes this mama very happy! Although they do still have the calories and BUTTER so, go sparingly. But hey, you are going to treat yourself anyway, so you need to make it as good for you as you can. Gluten-Free and no preservatives!
So in true Mandi fashion I had to share. I mean, that is what I am here for…. right?!
Gluten-Free Birthday Cake Cupcakes
Serves 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free (gum-free) flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 section muffin pan with cupcake liners or grease lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, except the sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine butter, mascarpone, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Then divide the batter evenly in the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Or bake until cupcakes rise and are light golden on the tops with just a hint of brown edges. (Please remember every oven is different.)
- Completely cool before frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese together until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
The cream cheese frosting is definitely optional but, makes for a great birthday or, in this case, Memorial Day celebration. These cupcakes would be fabulous with or without the frosting.
- 1 16 oz block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Blend until smooth
You are more than welcome to use the recipe above for mascarpone if you do not have any on hand, although I have never tried it.
I am so excited that my mom found a recipe we can all enjoy. Gluten-Free cake recipes are hard to come by, or at least the good ones. So when you come across something as awesome as this you hold onto it and share!
Let me know if you try these decadent and delicious cupcakes. Now if you will excuse me I need to go workout, I think I may have eaten one too many!
Until next time….
- I would love to invite you to join my FB group, Being More Than Just a Mom, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other. We share fitness tips, holistic living recipes and tips, anything and everything family and all the while giving moms permission to be themselves. We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
- adapted from GlutenFreeGiGi.com