As we are well into the year, I cannot help but feel the push and pull from God to hold steady and keep moving forward. This year more than ever God is wanting us to lean on Him and pray through….. and not just for our own families and inner-circle, but to pray for this whole world! We have seen the changes happening in our world the past few years, but in the last few months we have witnessed firsthand the wickedness of this world. If you didn’t believe the wickedness was here before, I am sure you do now! Let’s talk about 6 ways that YOU can be a disciple for Jesus!
There is a lot of things going on in the spirit rim right now and it is time we started praying and growing our relationship with Him, so we can learn to love on people and show them the light of Jesus….now more than ever! He is coming back sooner than later and we all need to be ready. It’s time for us as believers to reach out to the sick. We are all sick, we are all sinners and it is time we all helped, prayed and loved on ALL sinners. It is time for us to do our part!
We have become so complacent in our churches that we have forgotten that being a disciple and spreading the love of Jesus and the Word of God is our job as God’s children. In this day and age we have become lazy. We need to become relatable, compassionate and nonjudgemental. Start beating your Bible and that will turn others off. Showing that you are REAL and relatable will attract all people, sinners alike, because we are all sinners. You always attract bees with honey. So how can we do that?
James 8: 31-32: So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
6 Ways to Be a Disciple for Jesus
- Start talking to people outside of your church. Church is for the sinners, but those sinners are already there. Jesus didn’t just talk to the “church-goers”, he talked and loved on the sinners.
- Start relating to others. Remember what it was like for you before you had a relationship with Jesus. Remember how lost you felt. It may be painful at times to remember these things, but it can help.
- Tell your story. Like I said above, it may be painful at times, but sharing your story can not only help others feel ‘normal” and not alone, but it could help you heal too.
- Don’t share religion, share the love of Jesus. Beating your Bible won’t work, but being more like Jesus and showing love will attract more people. One day they will want to know what kind of kool-aid you are drinking. 😉
- Share scriptures that are relatable and not too deep. Stop making it hard. It isn’t hard, we as humans make it hard. When you ask Jesus for forgiveness one time and ask Jesus into your heart one time….. guess what…. it is done. It isn’t complicated. So stop making it complicated.
- Start a Bible Study or small group over zoom or in person. Whichever you can do at this time. Again, don’t make it hard!
Bible Study and Small Group
Speaking of a Bible Study and small group, The PurposeFULL Woman Self-Study E-Course was a labor of love for me several years back. I wrote and taught this course, because I wanted to reach the sick. As I said before, we all are sick and we all need healing and prayer. It is time we healed, it is time we prayed for one-another, it is time we witnessed to each other and it is time for us to understand each other. This E-Course does just that! We all need this course! Give The PurposeFULL Woman Self-Study E-Course to a loved one, keep for yourself or give to a group of your friends. Some women have even zoomed with friends while going through this e-course together.
Spread the Light of Jesus
The time is now! Start spreading the light of Jesus. Think of all of the miracles and blessings He has given you. It is time for more people to experience what we have been experiencing and it is time for our relationship with Jesus to grow stronger. We are not promised tomorrow. He is coming back soon! Can I get an AMEN?! ????
If you sign up for The PurposeFULL Woman Self-Study E-Course let me know how it goes and/or if I can help you in anyway. I love you all dearly and pray this course blesses all of you. I know it blessed me!
Luke 9:23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.